Standard photo shoots (1200-2500 sqft.) will take no more than 2 hours. I will be photographing both the inside and outside of your home including all of the major rooms. I normally do not photograph the garage unless it has special features.
COMPLETE AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE THE SHOOT:
- REMOVE/REARRANGE ANY PIECES OF FURNITURE THAT ARE UNHEEDED OR TAKING UP TOO MUCH SPACE. Too much furniture will make rooms seem smaller and less appealing.
- REMOVE AMY HOME DECOR THAT LOOKS DATED OR COULD BE DEEMED OFFENSIVE. This includes silk flower arrangements, dated window treatments, and porcelain dolls. Also, remove any personal family photos for privacy.
- CLEAR THE FLOORS OF MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE HOME. Find a place to store gym equipment, boxes, totes, toys, fold-up tables/chairs, laundry baskets, and other miscellaneous items so they will be hidden from view. Only furniture, rugs, lamps, and potted plants should be touching the floors.
- CLEAR THE KITCHEN COUNTERTOPS AND REFRIGERATOR. Remove stacks of papers/magazines, dishes, cases of soda/water, charging cords, small appliances, and other miscellaneous items. Remove refrigerator magnets and any items from the top of the refrigerator. Only small decorative items and small appliances used daily (like a coffee maker) should be visible.
- CLEAR THE BATHROOM COUNTERTOPS, TUBS, AND SHOWERS. Hide away all soap/shampoo bottles, bars of soap, loofahs, lotion bottles, perfume bottles, razors, jewelry, toilet cleaning brushes, etc. Tubs/showers should be completely empty and countertops should only have hand soap and any small decorative items.
- FILL IN AMY HOLES IN THE WALLS AND TOUCH UP PAINT WHERE HEEDED.
- REPLACE AMY BURNED-OUT LIGHTBULBS AND LOCATE ALL FAM/LIGHT REMOTES. I will need all lights but will need the option to turn them on as needed. Also, turn off all fans for the photo shoot.
- COMPLETE ALL STANDARD HOUSE CLEANING. Clear cobwebs, vacuum the floors, wipe down the countertops, clean the fan blades, etc.
- CLEAN THE POOL AND POOL AREA. Have the pool cleaned and pressure wash the pool deck. Hide pool cleaning supplies, pool vacuum hoses, pool toys, rafts, etc. from view.
- PRESSURE WASH DRIVEWAYS AND SIDEWALKS. Also, blow or sweep away any dirt and leaves.
- CLEAN UP THE YARD AND MOW THE GRASS.
COMPLETE AT LEAST 20 MIN BEFORE THE SHOOT:
- MAKE SURE FLOORS, SINKS, COUNTERTOPS, NIGHTSTANDS, TABLES, SHOWERS, AND TUBS ARE CLEAR FROM CLUTTER.
- REMOVE AMY WET /DIRT Y TOWELS AND WASHCLOTHS FROM BATHROOMS AND KITCHEN.
- CLOSE TOILET SEAT COVERS.
- STRAIGHTEN BEDDING/PILLOWS IN BEDROOMS AND LIVING ROOM.
- MOVE DOGS/ANIMALS INTO THE GARAGE OR TEMPORARILY REMOVE THEM FROM THE HOME.
- HIDE ALL BABY AND TODDLER ITEMS FROM THE KITCHEN AND LIVING ROOM. This includes bottle racks, booster seats/high chairs, baby walkers, and baby swings.
- TURN OFF ALL TVS AND COMPUTER SCREENS.
- HEATLY TUCK IN STOOLS AND CHAIRS.
- STRAIGHTEN PATIO FURNITURE.
- HEATLY ROLL UP WATERING HOSES.
- STRAIGHTEN PATIO FURNITURE.
- HAVE ALL VEHICLES, TRAILERS, AND BOATS REMOVED FROM THE DRIVEWAY/YARD. Ideally, vehicles should be moved to the garage or across the street (not directly in front of the house).
- BRING OUTDOOR GARBAGE BINS INTO THE GARAGE OR HIDE FROM VIEW.
- CLOSE THE GARAGE.
- HIDE ALL INTERIOR TRASH CAMS FROM VIEW.
- OPEN WINDOW TREATMENTS/BLINDS TO ALLOW NATURAL LIGHT IN.
- TURN OFF ALL FANS.
If you have any further questions please email Mike at email@example.com.